The Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II is all about color. Its rainbow-inspired highlights are a clear link to the symbol that has come to represent support for frontline healthcare workers around the world
The Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II supports a great cause. As is often the case with Breitling, it all started with a superb watch and a compelling story. In April, Breitling introduced its first Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition. The reactions were overwhelmingly positive.
The remarkable commitment of the healthcare professionals, combined with the enthusiastic feedback for its first rainbow watch, led Breitling to create the Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II, which features a blue dial and rainbow design elements. The brand wanted to make a meaningful gesture in support of the healthcare workers and is contributing part of the proceeds from the new watch to charities in the countries hit hardest by the pandemic.
These donations were made immediately upon the announcement of the new watch. Breitling is also donating an additional CHF 1000 to these charities for each of the first 100 Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II watches sold via www.breitling.com. In total, the company will donate CHF 500,000, which will be split equally among six charities, and is encouraging its retail partners to contribute to the initiative.
Breitling has also announced that one of the Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II watches will be auctioned by Charitybuzz, an organization known for its auctions of unique gifts and experiences in support of worthy causes, in June. The winning bidder will be given the unique opportunity to have a digital live chat with Kelly Slater, who is a member of Breitling Surfers Squad and arguably the greatest surfer of all time. The proceeds from the Charitybuzz auction will benefit Direct Relief, a US-based charity.
Breitling has chosen to support the following outstanding charities, all of which are active in the global struggle against the COVID-19 pandemic:
- In France, the donation will go to Fondation de France, a charity that helps healthcare workers finance research projects and supports local social workers and charities that work with the most vulnerable. It is the leading philanthropic network in France.
- In Italy, support will be given to the Humanitas hospital group, which takes care of people who have been affected by the pandemic. Humanitas in Milan, the first Italian hospital to be quality-certified as an Academic Hospital by the Joint Commission International, has been on the front lines in the urgent mission to find a cure for COVID-19.
- In Japan, a donation will be made to the National Center for Global Health and Medicine (NCGM), a National Research and Development Agency that provides medical treatment and researches various infectious diseases, including COVID-19. The NCGM has already started the research and development of possible medical solutions to COVID-19. This renowned medical institution is highly active at the front line of the current coronavirus crisis.
- In Spain, a share of the proceeds from the sale of the Superocean Heritage ’57 will be donated to the Ministry of Health. Donations will be used to cover the most pressing demands in the health sector, with a focus on financing masks and other protective clothing and materials for healthcare workers, along with essential testing.
- In the UK, we are proud to support NHS Charities Together, whose charities support NHS staff and COVID-19 patients. Rainbows in support of NHS workers are a familiar sight throughout the UK. NHS Charities Together has raised a mind-boggling amount of over GBP 100 million to combat the coronavirus.
- In the USA, Breitling will make a donation to Direct Relief, a humanitarian aid organization that aims to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies. It is helping to make sure that the courage of health workers on the front lines is honored with meaningful support, and that the people most at risk in this pandemic are cared for.
How You Can Help
We encourage you to make your own donation to one of these worthy organizations. They are facing epic challenges, and every donation helps. Thank you for supporting one of these outstanding charities:
- Fondation de France (France)
- Humanitas (Italy)
- The National Center for Global Health and Medicine (Japan)
- The Ministry of Health (Spain)
- NHS Charities Together (UK)
- Direct Relief (USA)
The Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II
This model has a 42-millimeter stainless-steel case and bidirectional rotating bezel with an ultrahard blue ceramic bezel ring and a blue dial. Among its most striking features are the color highlights marking the hours at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock on the dial. The hour markers and the hour and minute hands are coated with Super-LumiNova® in a rainbow graduation of yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, red, and orange. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself inviting strangers to come and enjoy the little festival of color on your wrist!
The Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II is available with either a gold-brown vintage-inspired leather strap with pin or folding buckle or an integrated Ocean Classic stainless-steel bracelet with a butterfly clasp. For anyone who wants to add even more color, this Limited Edition can be matched to a vibrant Outerknown ECONYL® yarn NATO strap, available separately in one of six color combinations: blue with dark blue stripes and lining, light blue with dark blue stripes and lining, yellow with orange stripes and lining, gray with black stripes and lining, red with black stripes and lining, and green with black stripes and lining.
The Superocean Heritage ’57 Limited Edition II is limited to 1000 pieces. The caseback is engraved with the words “ONE OF 1000”. What a perfect, colorful way to own an incredible watch and to say thank you to the frontline heroes tackling the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Breitling SUPEROCEAN HERITAGE AUTOMATIC 42 ’57 LIMITED EDITION II
Reference: A103702A1C1A1/A103702A1C1X1 or A103702A1C1X2
WATCH MOVEMENT Caliber: Breitling Caliber 10 Diameter: 25.6 millimeters Depth: 3.6 millimeters Winder: self-winding mechanical, bidirectional with ball bearing Power reserve: approx. 42 hours Balance frequency: 28,800 a/h or 4 hertz
DISPLAY: hour, minute, second Certification: COSC-certified CASE Material: stainless steel Diameter: 42 millimeters Height: 9.99 millimeters Water resistance: up to 10 bar (100 meters) Glass: sapphire, convex, double anti-reflective Caseback: solid, screwed Crown: non-screw-locked, two gaskets Bezel: stainless steel with blue ceramic ring, bidirectional
DIAL/HANDS Blue Colored Super-LumiNova® luminescent hour markers, hour and minute hands
STRAP Gold-brown vintage-inspired leather strap with pin or folding buckle or integrated Ocean Classic stainless-steel bracelet with butterfly clasp